The main objective of the course is how to develop an equation of state (EOS) model from start to finish. We start with the fluid sampling, walk you through different laboratory procedures and go into the details of what is important both before and after EOS model development. The course is designed to be practical, and as a participant, you will be exposed to both real data and actual industry problems.
Engineers that are exposed to advanced modeling of petroleum fluids, e.g. reservoir, production and processing engineers. Typically reservoir or flow assurance engineers.
Course Outline & Topics
The course contains lectures with associated exercises and problem sets. Over the 5 days, the following topics will be covered
- Fluid Phase Behavior & Basic PVT Properties
- Fluid Sampling & PVT Lab. Measurements
- Lab Report Quality Checks (QC)
- Cubic Equations of State (EOS)
- VLE Calculations & Intro to PVT simulators
- Heptanes Plus/C7+ Characterization
- Tuning of Equation of State Models
- Lumping/De-lumping (Pseudoization)
- Thermodynamic Consistency of EOS Models
- Preparing PVT Data for Reservoir Simulation
Other topics can be covered upon request
25,000 USD net payable excluding all taxes for groups of 12-20 people. Travel and accommodation cost will come in addition.
Further Information or Inquiries
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org